What was "Software's" reaction to KC winning $400?

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Salisbury Steak



from http://sportswrap.berecruited.com/tag/john-clayton

Sean Salisbury has left ESPN’s Bristol headquarters after 12 mostly annoying years, and he’s not going quietly. Predictably, Sean is bitter about the way things went down there, and is venting his rage by taking shots at his old network.

“I’m a free agent,” Salisbury said in an interview. “I’ve been liberated. I knew this was coming, but I couldn’t be happier.

“I’d grown tired of being punished for not being an NFL superstar. Analysts who don’t work as hard as me, don’t prepare as hard as me, and don’t have my resume were making more than me just because of their ability to throw or catch a football.”

Emmitt?

“Don’t get me wrong,” Sean continued, “I appreciated the opportunity ESPN gave me, but they had capped my ceiling. There was only so far I could go there.

“I’d done nothing wrong, and if you hear otherwise, it’s not true. I did everything that was asked of me.

“I have created a brand and it’s time to expand into other opportunities in TV, radio, Internet, publishing, movies and public speaking, among others. My resume speaks for itself.”

Sean says he’s created a brand. He’s not lying either. I saw it the other day at the supermarket. There it was, right next to the rat poison.

Sean thinks he didn’t get a fair shake at ESPN because he was never a star. He wanted to be on the big-boy shows with Keyshawn Johnson and Bill Parcells and Emmitt Smith and Steve Young, but they made him do lame SportsCenter segments with The Cryptkeeper John Clayton. Them’s the breaks Sean. Good luck with your new endeavors anyway - I’m sure we’ll be seeing a lot of you at the openings of suburban car dealerships in the future.

1 comment:

A-Lo said...

Thank god! This is best thing ESPN has done since they started televising people eating hot dogs as fast as they could.

Long live John Clayton! He may have a one inch neck but hes the best around.